WFHESL Policy for Field Trips, Activities, and Events
WHAT FIELD TRIPS, ACTIVITIES, AND EVENTS ACCOMPLISH
1. Introduces the family to new people and provides an opportunity to connect.
2. Acquaints the family with the community in which they live.
3. Develops the family’s thinking and conversational topics.
4. Provides an opportunity to learn about various occupations.
PAYMENT POLICY FOR FIELD TRIPS, ACTIVITIES, AND EVENTS
1. All payments for field trips must be made online using PayPal. During the registration process, there will be a link to PayPal. PayPal payments may be made with a debit/credit card, online banking, or with a PayPal account. Checks and cash are not accepted.
2. WFHESL will submit one check to the vendor for payment.
3. No refund will be given on payments once the sign-up deadline has passed. The system will maintain a waiting list for the event. The field trip coordinator will provide that information, upon request, to a parent that cannot make the event. Payment arrangements must be worked out between the two parties. The field trip coordinator must be notified so the roster can be modified.
4. For field trips when there is no cost, there will be a $5.00 per family cancellation fee for failure to attend. This will not apply if the family cancels prior to the deadline for registration. If a fee applies, an invoice will be mailed to the family for the $5.00 fee. This does not apply to free events like park days.
REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE
1. REGISTER ON TIME for an event if you are required to do so. This is extremely important in
the planning of certain events. For most events, registrations after the deadline cannot be accepted.
2. PLEASE LIMIT CANCELLATIONS TO LEGITIMATE REASONS. Events fill up quickly. If
you must cancel, PLEASE BE COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO CALL OR E-MAIL THE EVENT
COORDINATOR. This will allow us to fill the vacancy from our waiting list and thus keep our
attendance count accurate. This is necessary to show respect to those who have taken time
from their busy schedule to accommodate us.
3. BE PROMPT! Some field trips begin at a certain time and late arrivals are very difficult to
4. DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR CHILD UNATTENDED! If you are unable to attend the event
with your child, please arrange for another adult to supervise your child.
6. BE AWARE OF AGE APPROPRIATE TRIPS. Little ones can be a distraction to others. Keep
this in mind when deciding to attend and plan appropriately.
7. Please see the WFHESL CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY.
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF FIELD TRIPS, ACTIVITIES, AND EVENTS - A FEW SUGGESTIONS
1. Prepare your Family by reading about and discussing the subject of the upcoming event.
2. During the event, be on the lookout for those things you discussed. Politely thank the guide at the end of the trip.
3. Parents should always observe any improper behavior and discipline at the appropriate time.
4. After the event, discuss what you learned as a result of the trip.
5. Illustrate the event or write a story or a report.
6. Send a thank you note to the guide or vendor, if possible.